Thursday 9 February 2012

Oh Little Deer please be mine

One of my 2012 resolutions was to start buying things for our house, especially for the walls which have for the past 4 years remained fairly bare. The past few months I have been hunting out local artists whose work I love, I previously shared with you Ellaquaint  from whom I have just bought another fab watercolour of a Tui - isn't he gorgeous?



Today I wanted to mention someone else who has been on the handmade market scene lately.  Recently I commissioned a piece of work (a gift for a dear friend) from a wonderful artist, Odd One Out - an upcycler of vintage items and maker of quirky cute imagery.  My favourite pieces of her work are the vintage plates with cute illustrations on, but I am having trouble choosing which one I want,  I may just have to have them all.



Here are a few of my favourites...





Help I can't decide! They are all so beautiful! I love the designs and how they incorporate the plate patterns, its very clever and very unique! Check out OddOneOut blog and Facebook page for more plates and other cool artwork.

love  LB

1 comment: